Thursday 19 October 2017

A few from earlier in 2017

So I'll start with a few I've taken earlier this year with my Fujifilm S1600 bridge camera on a ride out to the Derbyshire town of Belper in February 2017.

Please note, I've reduced the size of all these photographs to quicken the upload process.


The River Derwent in Belper.  Belper is one of the birth towns of the industrial revolution, a mill town, or was a couple of centuries ago.


Also from Belper, below, another of the River Derwent, showing the old cotton mill building, taken downstream from the previous two.


Lastly from Belper (for this post at least) another showing the bridge in the left centre of the first image, but closer to it and from a different angle.



Next, a few from the spring with my , new to me, Canon EOS 1100D DSLR camera; I was still getting used to it at the time.


Before photographing the wedding in April 2017 I spent some time walking along sections of the rivers Trent in Nottinghamshire and Derwent in Derbyshire playing with the new camera to get a feel for it.
The image of Beeston Weir, on the River Trent in Nottinghamshire, above, was taken using a Cokin P ND filter on my Canon DSLR and converted to greyscale in post processing.  Among my first attempts at long exposure shots with the new camera, and the best of a bad bunch.

The two below are from March 2017 taken with the Canon DSLR.  Trent Lock, where the Erewash Canal meets the River Trent near Long Eaton in Derbyshire. Trent Lock itself is where the three counties of Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, and Leicestershire meet.
I particularly like the way the white building n the first image is reflected on the water of the canal.



From Trent Lock I walked upstream along the River Trent to Sawley, Derbyshire.
The first Image below is of Sawley Marina which, being on the south side of the River Trent, is actually in Leicestershire.


Walking a bit further upstream from the marina I managed to capture the next two images.
The first is looking over the River Trent towards Sawley, taken in Leicestershire, but the river acts as the natural boundary between Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire; Sawley is in Derbyshire.  The water in the foreground of the first one is actually flooding in a field.
The second one is on the Leicestershire shore of the river a little downstream of the bridge in the previous image.



I think that's enough for this post, I'll show you a few from my walking along the River Derwent, and of the wedding photographs from April 2017 in the next post.

Thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment